Published Tuesday, 5 February 2019
Residents and interested parties are invited to give their views on the modification proposal to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan from Thursday 7 February 2019.
Following a referendum, the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan was ‘made’ (adopted) by Waverley Borough Council on 28 July 2017. It was subject to public consultation and an independent examination.
Farnham Town Council resolved to review the Neighbourhood Plan in 2018 and has now formally submitted the modification proposal to Waverley Borough Council.
The modifications incorporate:
- revisions to Areas of High Landscape Value and Sensitivity
- an amendment to the plan period to align with the Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
- site allocations to meet the additional requirement for housing in Farnham in the adopted Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
- an update to the provision of Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace
- minor text changes and factual updates.
The full list of modifications is set out in the Statement of Minor (non-material) updates to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2017.
Residents and interested parties will be able to view and comment on the modification proposal for a six week period, until 11.59pm on Thursday 21 March 2019.
Documents will be available to view at www.waverley.gov.uk/FarnhamNP and hard copies will be available to look through at the planning reception at the Waverley Borough Council offices in Godalming, Farnham Locality Office and at Farnham Library.
Comments can be made at www.waverley.gov.uk/FarnhamNP, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the Planning Policy Team, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.
For further information contact:
Tel: 01483 523296
Web : www.waverley.gov.uk