Published Thursday, 5 July 2018
Young people are being encouraged to sign up to this year’s #skatewaverley events that take place across the borough in August.
The free skate, BMX and scooter open days, organised by Waverley Borough Council, offer a great opportunity for young people to be coached by the pros, watch demonstrations and show off their new tricks.
Councillor Jenny Else, Portfolio Holder for Health, Wellbeing and Culture, said: “Our skate events prove to be a big hit with young people year after year.
“Waverley’s skate parks are great local resources and these sessions are a good way of getting more people to use them. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, as long as you are aged between of seven and 16 you can drop in for a few hours or come for the full day, take part or watch some stunts performed by the pros."
The events require no booking but all participants must complete a registration form. It is easy to do on our website: www.waverley.gov.uk/skateparkevents
Forms can also be completed on the day.
Coming to a skate park near you (all 10am-4pm):
- Monday 6 August – Farnham skate park
- Tuesday 7 August – Cranleigh skate park
- Thursday 9 August – Haslemere skate park
- Friday 10 August – Aarons Hill skate park
For up to date news, follow us on Facebook or follow #SkateWaverley
Notes to editors
- A selection of safety equipment and skateboards will be provided free for use on the day.
- Under 16s must have written consent from a parent or guardian
For further information contact:
Tel: 01483 523296
Web : www.waverley.gov.uk