Published Friday, 25 May 2018
Residents, businesses and developers are being invited by Waverley Borough Council to comment on the Local Plan Part 2: Site Allocations and Development Management Policies.
The council adopted part one of the new Local Plan in February 2018. This sets the overall strategy for development in the borough for the period up to 2032 and contains key strategic policies, including the number of new homes to be provided in Waverley and their broad distribution. The second part of the new Local Plan will have the policies that direct planning application decisions. Local Plan Part 2 will also allocate sites for housing in parts of the borough where the Neighbourhood Plan is not doing so, in order to meet the target set out in Local Plan Part 1, and will review other land designations. The Plan also allocates sites for Gypsies and Travellers.
Portfolio holder for Planning, Councillor Chris Storey said: “Waverley is one of the best places in the UK to live and work. But that doesn’t mean we should sit back and relax.
“We need to think about being a sustainable borough, where people of all ages want to, and can, continue to live and work. The council is interested in hearing the views of all our residents to help guide and shape the future of our beautiful borough and I would encourage everyone to take the time and to get involved”.
The consultation, starting on 25 May, asks residents, developers and other interested parties what they think about the council’s preferred options for the topics within Local Plan Part 2. These include housing, settlement boundaries for our villages and towns, local landscape designations, gypsy and traveller accommodation and a new suite of policies against which planning applications will be determined.
There are a number of ways to take part in the consultation:
- Attend one of our consultation events:
- Cranleigh Arts Centre, 1A High Street, Cranleigh, Thursday 31 May, 2.30-7.30pm
- Elstead Youth Centre, Elstead Village Hall, Thursley Road, Elstead, Monday 4 June, 2.30-7.30pm
- Farnham United Reform Church, South Street, Farnham, Wednesday 6 June, 2.30-7.30pm
- Wilfrid Noyce Community Centre, Crown Court Car Park, Godalming, Tuesday 12 June, 2.30-7.30pm
- The Chichester Hall, Petworth Road, Witley, Wednesday 13 June, 2.30-7.30pm
- Haslewey Community Centre, Lion Green, Haslemere, Tuesday 19 June, 2.30-7.30pm
- Use the council’s online consultation system (the council’s preferred option) at: www.waverley.gov.uk/LPP2
- Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit comments by post to: LPP2, Planning Policy, Planning Services, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR
For anyone who does not have internet access, the consultation document is available from the planning reception of the Waverley Borough Council offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR, and at locality offices and public libraries within the Borough.
The draft Local Plan Part 2 and relevant supporting documents can be viewed on the web site at www.waverley.gov.uk/LPP2 and at the Waverley Borough Council offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR, and at locality offices and public libraries within the Borough.
The deadline for responses is 11.59pm on Monday 9 July 2018.
For further information contact:
Tel: 01483 523296
Web : www.waverley.gov.uk