Published Tuesday, 2 May 2017
The Farnham Neighbourhood Plan referendum will proceed as planned after a consortium of developers withdrew their High Court injunction application, which sought to stop the referendum taking place.
More than 29,000 Farnham residents are eligible to vote in the referendum on Thursday 4 May; the same day as the Surrey County Council elections.
The result will be announced on Friday 5 May.
Notes to editors:
· A judicial review hearing has been scheduled for 15 June 2017.
· The judicial review challenge is based on three grounds:
1. The Examiner focused too heavily on the emerging Local Plan rather than the adopted one.
2. The Examiner sought views on a revised Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG) policy but did not then deal with comments submitted to him by the claimants on the revised policy.
3. The Examiner did not adequately deal with the developers criticisms on one of the evidence studies produced for the Local Plan in his report.
· The council will not consider the outcome of the referendum until the judicial review has been heard.
For further information contact:
Tel: 01483 523296