We welcome your involvement in the planning process and will consider your objections, support or comments.
This guide aims to help you make relevant comments on planning applications that have been submitted. You can also speak to your town or parish council.
What to include in your objection or support
We have a statutory duty to take into account the Local plan and any other material considerations.
These might include issues such as:
- loss of light
- overlooking / loss of privacy
- parking / loading / turning issues
- increase in traffic
- noise and disturbance
- loss of trees
- road access
- proposals in the local plan
- previous appeal decisions
- local, strategic, regional and national planning policies.
What cannot be considered
- matters controlled under building regulations or other non-planning laws
- private issues between neighbours
- loss of value of property
- problems with the construction period of any works
- unproven health implications.
PLEASE NOTE: You should not be concerned if yours is the only comment received. It is the points, particularly regarding material considerations, that are raised, rather than the number of comments, which are important in the Case Officer's assessment of the application and the final decision.
Deadlines for commenting on a planning application
Please check the deadline for comments on the planning application record in the Planning applications online enquiry system.
Planning committee meetings
For planning applications due to be heard by a planning committee, you need to send us your late comments by 5pm, three working days before the committee meeting.
Later comments will not be reported unless new material considerations not previously considered are raised and could feature in a supplementary report.
Submit your comments
Use the Planning applications online enquiry system to comment on a planning application. Please note that there is a limit of 5,000 characters in the comments box, less if you paste from a Word document. You will get an error message if you exceed this limit.
You need to include your name and full address for your comment to be considered.
Other ways to submit comments
If your comments exceed 5,000 characters or you need to attach a document to your comment, please:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Waverley Borough Council, Planning Service, The Burys, Godalming. GU7 1HR
Please remember to include the application reference number, as well as your name and full address, for your comment to be considered.
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 05/03/2020 15:55