Asking questions at Council meetings
You can ask a formal question at an ordinary meeting of the Council, Executive or various Committees.
You must send your question to Democratic Services by 5pm, four working days before the day of the meeting (ie not including the day of the meeting). Please give us more time if you can, so we can check everything is OK.
Criteria for questions
Your question must:
- be in the form of a question, without a lengthy preamble
- relate to something over which Waverley has powers
- not be defamatory, frivolous or offensive
- not be substantially the same as a question asked in the last six months
- not require the disclosure of confidential or exempt information.
The Chief Executive may reject or amend a question to make sure it meets the criteria on questions.
How it works at the meeting
Questions and prepared answers will be circulated to councillors and members of the public.
Where to send your question
Please send your question to:
Waverley Borough Council
Page owner: Fiona Cameron. Last updated: 04/01/2018 17:07