Insurance claims

Making an insurance claim against the council

Have you injured yourself? Has your property been damaged? Do you think it is Waverley Borough Council's fault?

If so, you should contact us as soon as you can. You will need to provide the following information, in as much detail as possible:

Your details:

  • Name, address and date of birth
  • Occupation
  • Telephone contact number
  • Where did it take place?
  • When did it happen?
  • What are your injuries?

Details about the incident:

  • When?
  • Where?
  • What happened?
  • What caused it? What were the circumstances?
  • Any witnesses? If so, who?
  • Estimates of any repair/replacement

Once we have this information, we will investigate your claim. Please note that you are not automatically entitled to compensation. We need to consider each case on an individual basis.

Contact details

Please contact Brian Gilmour, Risk & Insurance Officer, on or 01483 523262 for more information or to discuss your claim.


Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 10/01/2019 09:10

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.