Council tax appeals

Do you think your bill is wrong?

If you think your bill is wrong, tell us. You may wish to challenge your Council Tax bill if you think:

  •     The Council Tax bill is addressed to the wrong person for your home.
  •     Your home should not be charged Council Tax (is exempt).
  • ·   The amount of the Council Tax bill is wrong (eg a discount hasn't been given).

What should you do if your bill is wrong?

In the first instance, all appeals must be addressed to Waverley Borough Council, using the contact details at the bottom of this page. Please detail why you believe your bill is wrong.

We will then review your liability and either correct your bill or write to you to explain why it is does not need changing.

In the event that agreement cannot be reached, you may make further appeal to the Valuation Tribunal, which is an independent body, within 2 months of the Council's decision.

What to do if you have not received a response

If Waverley has failed to respond to you within 60 days (2 months), after putting your case in writing,  you can appeal directly to the independent appeal body without waiting any longer:-

VT House
Hepworth House
2 Trafford Court
Telephone: 0300 123 2035



Page owner: . Last updated: 03/02/2016 10:11

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.