We work in partnership with Enterprise First to provide free business support and funding information for start up businesses.
Enterprise First is a not-for-profit organisation offering business support and advice across the South East.
Tips for starting a business
- Read our Start Your Own Business in Waverley book, packed with good advice and tips for turning new business ideas into a reality.
- Do market research to reduce risks and make informed decisions with your business. You can use the local library get ideas on about market research.
- Write a business plan. Translate your ideas into a business plan to secure funding. Enterprise Fist advisors can assist or you or you can find a business plan template on gov.uk.
- Organise your finance, tax and national insurance and consult with HM Revenue and Customs.
- Find the right premises for your business or set up your business at home. Download a map showing industrial estates and business parks in Waverley.
- If your business is going to process personal information, you need to register with the ICO. Be aware of new regulations and GDPR.
Other useful links
Gov.uk/business is the government's online resource for business. Find the latest guidance on regulations and online tools and best practice case studies.
Informi's "How to start a business in 20 days" (register to download the guide)
Page owner: Catherine Knight. Last updated: 04/12/2018 17:38