All food businesses and any organisation that prepares food can now enrol on food safety training courses run by Waverley.
We offer the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, in partnership with a registered training provider.
The Level 2 Award is a nationally recognised qualification that helps to equip food handlers with the knowledge of how to handle and prepare food safely.
The food hygiene regulations require that all food handlers working in a food business are supervised and/or trained in food hygiene relevant to their work.
Where and when?
- 25 October 2019
What's involved and how much does it cost?
- Course fee: £75 which includes a course booklet
- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
Level 2 courses should be refreshed every three years
It is recommended that all Level 2 Courses are refreshed every three years.
Book your place
Please wait for confirmation on payment before leaving the site.
If you require any further assistance please contact the Environmental Health Department on:
- Tel: 01483 523393
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and answers about the course
Q. What qualification is it?
A. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Q. Who needs this qualification?
A. Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Q. Why is this training important?
A. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers to ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Q. What are the course learning outcomes?
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling).
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
Where else can I get training?
The following organisations offer accredited food hygiene training courses:
- The Royal Society of Public Health
- The Royal Society of Health
- The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology.
The Food Safety Training Providers website contains a searchable database of trainers throughout the UK, sorted by county. The information includes contact and training course details.
- Food Safety Trainers
- National database of food safety trainers.
Page owner: Paul Shrimpton. Last updated: 07/06/2019 12:51