In 2012 we started a new council housing programme with the aim to deliver an additional 30 affordable homes per year. We also work with local housing associations who build and manage new affordable homes.
The Housing Enabling team work to:
- make sure at least 30 per cent of new homes on open market developments (on qualifying sites) is in the form of affordable housing
- support our housing association partners and Homes England to secure funding
- carry out and commission research into the type of housing people need, and where these homes are needed
- develop and action our Housing Strategy to tackle housing issues.
Advertising new homes
All new homes for rent are advertised, when ready, through Waverley Homechoice. Applicants on the Housing Register can express an interest in an advertised property online or by phone.
Shared ownership properties are advertised by the Housing Association BPHA.
Where are new affordable homes being built?
We are building affordable homes throughout Waverley. Find out more about new homes in:
- Cranleigh and Eastern villages
- Godalming and Farncombe
- Haslemere, Chiddingfold and Hindhead.
Shared ownership and housing assocation developments
For shared ownership and housing association developments, please contact Alice Lean, Housing Strategy and Enabling Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01483 523252.
Council affordable housing developments
For Waverley Borough Council affordable housing developments, please contact Louisa Blundell, Housing Development Manager, email: email@example.com or telephone: 01483 523205.
Page owner: Jack Crawford. Last updated: 21/11/2018 17:05