There are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- Wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
Find out what you need to do
You must not meet in groups larger than 6 (with some limited exceptions). Please use the government website to get the latest information on what you can and cannot do:
Surrey County Council publish weekly numbers of COVID-19 cases in Surrey broken down by borough and information on the R number:
Who does what
We, Waverley Borough Council, are working with Public Health England and Surrey County Council to support the local situation.
Different services and government agencies are responsible for leading different parts of the response:
- Department for Health and Social Care: the Chief Medical Officer for England confirms each incident
- Public Health England: co-ordinate the response, information and advice on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NHS: local and national NHS services are working on the front line to test individuals, and provide advice through calls to NHS 111
- Surrey County Council: provides local public health leadership by working in partnership to safeguard the county.
Click on the above links below to get the latest information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the above services and government agencies.
Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 23/09/2020 11:03