Disabled people

Aids and adaptations

We can adapt your council home so that you, or a family member, can remain independent if you are elderly or disabled. You will need to apply for this service.

Community Meals Service

The Community Meals Service is for people who need help to make sure they regularly have nutritious cooked meals. You can book for a few weeks or sign up for as long as you want, it’s up to you.


Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) are designed to help people who have disabilities to have the maximum amount of independence in their homes.

Home improvements

The Care and Repair scheme can help people who own or privately rent their home and have the responsibility to pay for repairs and improvements but find it difficult to arrange.

Page owner: Henry Ascoli. Last updated: 23/01/2019 14:51

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.