Here is some guidance on how you can recycle your extra waste this Christmas.
Wrapping paper, greetings cards and gift tags
You can put these in your recycling bin but please remove as much sticky tape as you can. Please do not include wrapping paper with foil or glitter or cards with batteries.
Bottles and cans
Remember to put these in your recycling bin. Check what else you can recycle from home.
You can put all food waste in your food waste caddy, including carcasses, bones, seafood shells and nutshells.
More about food waste collections.
If you have a real Christmas tree you can either plant it to use next year, if it has roots, or recycle it.
If you want to dispose of a synthetic Christmas tree, please take it to your local community recycling centre.
Garden waste collection service
If you subscribe to our Garden Waste Collection Service, you can put your real Christmas tree out with your other garden waste on a collection date before the end of January.
Christmas tree drop off points
Drop off your real Christmas tree from 29 December at one of the following sites:
- Cranleigh Village Way, car park. Address: Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF
Farnham and surrounding area
- Farnham Park, bonfire site. Address: Folly Hill, Farnham GU9 0AU
- Rowledge Rec, car park. Address: Fullers Road, Rowledge, Farnham GU10 4BP
- Glendale Depot, Guildford Road Farnham. Address: Bourne Mill, Guildford Road, Farnham GU9 9PS
Godalming and surrounding area
- Broadwater Park, Nursery Road car park. Address: Nursery Road, Godalming GU7 1QD
- Holloway Hill Rec, car park. Address: Busbridge Lane, Godalming GU7 1QD
- Haslemere War Memorial Rec, car park. Address: Scotland Lane, Haslemere GU27 3AR
- Woolmer Hill Sports Ground, car park. Address: Woolmer Hill Road, Haslemere GU27 1QA
Your bin colleciton days may change over the Christmas and New Year period. See Christmas and New Year bin collection dates.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 11/12/2018 11:54